Monday, November 3, 2008

Dear Charlie

September 16, 1991


Dear Friend,


Wow you read To Kill a Mockingbird too?! I read it a few years ago and I thought it was awesome. In a project I had to do I made a box like in the book with things Jem and Scout had in it. I also saw the movie which I didn't like as much because it was in black and white. It was a very good movie though and pretty true to the book. I did like the book better though but that's usually the case anyways. We have clubs like earth day at our school too. One club puts on a peace day which I personally think is a waste of time. We have a marathon in between our two high schools and lots of kids just do it to get out of class. I can't believe that kid your sister was hanging out with hit her. I would have killed that kid if I were you. I bet watching your brother on TV is cool. I got to do the same thing because one of my brothers went to the University of Nebraska on a football scholarship. I hope to go somewhere in the big 12 that is my favorite conference.

Sincerely
Jake








December 26, 1991

Dear Friend,


That is very nice that you visit your Aunt Helen's grave. She sounds like my aunt because I got to stay up late and stuff when I was at my cousin's house. We got to stay up late and eat ice cream my aunt also used to let us rent movies to watch. I feel sorry for your aunt Helen and how she was molested. No one deserves that and it's awful how her dad didn't even believe her. You should not feel that her death was your fault. You can't choose when you were born and December 24 is a great birthday. You get to see all your family for your birthday and Christmas. It is such a loving time too it's my favorite holiday.


Sincerely
Jake









January 1, 1991

Dear Friend,


You need to stop being peer pressured into taking drugs. It may feel cool and you might see weired stuff but in the long run it is not good for you. You were found asleep in the snow. You could have died. In the letter you wrote you just rambled about nothing. You started talking about trees being dragons. When you take drugs like that you don't get anything out of it. You need to stand up for yourself and say no at least once in a while.
Sincerely
Jake

1 comment:

Boeser said...

Word count: 454 - Grade level 3.9 - 3 of 5 Blogs completed as of 11/9/2008 - Michael - you stay in character and give Charlie advice. Sadly, you do not stay caught up and do not meet the required writing standards.